Why choose us for skin cancer care?
If skin cancer affects your life, you can count on our experts. The highly skilled team of skin cancer doctors at Mays Cancer Center, home to UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson, includes doctors who have additional training through fellowships.
You’ll have access to the best available treatments, including sophisticated surgical procedures and cancer-fighting drugs. And with years of experience, both individually and as a team, we’ll tailor services to your needs.
What you need to know about skin cancer
- It is the most common cancer.
- More than 2 million patients are diagnosed with skin cancer each year.
- It occurs when a group of cells create a growth on the outer layer of the skin.
How to talk to your doctor about skin cancer
It’s natural to have many questions after receiving a skin cancer diagnosis. Our personalized approach includes taking time to answer these questions and explain what comes next. You might want to ask your doctor about:
- Further testing you might need to inform your diagnosis or lung cancer treatment suggestions
- Cancer stage, tumor size, whether it has spread and what it means for your long-term health
- Treatment options, including any lung cancer clinical trials you may be eligible for
- Side effects of treatment and how you can lessen the impact of side effects on your daily life
- Support to help you cope with the ways cancer may affect your mind, body and spirit
Bringing a friend or loved one with you to appointments gives you an extra voice in your care. This person can help you make important decisions and remember key details.
Skin Cancer Types