About This Event
We are excited to announce the second annual Living Beyond Cancer A-Z: A Mays Cancer Center, home to UT Health Antonio MD Anderson Symposium. The event on Jan. 8, 2022, at UT Health San Antonio, features leading physicians, providers and experts on cancer. We have a full day of learning, empowerment and discovery planned to help you along your cancer journey.
Cancer survivors, cancer patients, friends, family and caregivers are invited to join us for informative discussions and breakout sessions on topics including:
- An in-depth dive into specific types of cancer including breast, colorectal, neurological and thoracic; exploring diagnoses; the latest insights and treatment options
- Health and wellness sessions to equip you with important strategies to stay physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually fit before, during and after treatment
- Discussion of the advances available in cancer care
Understand Your Cancer
Take control of your journey by learning about your diagnosis. Groups of world-renowned cancer experts – including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgeons and other supportive care team members – will lead disease-specific breakout sessions. They will share insights on several different types of cancer, including the latest treatment options, and will be available to answer your questions.
Join Expert-led Discussions
Cancer care and treatment extends beyond the exam room for many patients. This symposium offers individuals with cancer at any stage of their journey, their loved ones and their caregivers the opportunity to hear top experts in cancer diagnosis, treatment and management, and discuss important strategies for coping with the effects of cancer. These include:
- Physical Activity
- Complementary and Integrative Therapies
- Stress Management Techniques
You’ll have the opportunity to ask questions about the latest advances and approaches to living, and thriving, with cancer.
Date and Time
Date and Time
- Saturday, January 8, 2022
- 8:00AM - 5:00PM