About Maryam Elmi, M.D.
Dr. Maryam Elmi is an assistant professor in the Division of Surgical Oncology and Endocrine Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. She graduated from the University of Toronto medical school with honors. She completed her general surgery residency at the University of Toronto and was enrolled in the distinct clinician-investigator program. During her surgical training, she completed a master’s in clinical epidemiology and health services research at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health. She also completed a clinical fellowship in breast surgical oncology at the Princess Margaret Cancer Center and the Odette Cancer Center.
Dr. Elmi’s clinical practice focuses on the surgical management of both female and male breast cancer, familial breast and ovarian cancer syndromes, risk-reduction (prophylactic) surgery and oncoplastic surgical techniques.
In addition to her clinical practice, Dr. Elmi is actively involved in surgical research, focusing on breast cancer surgical outcomes and cancer epidemiology.
Dr. Elmi was also named one of San Antonio’s Top Doctors 2021.
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
- American Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College and Surgeons of Canada
- Medical School: University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- Residency: University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
- Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto, Ontario
- The Odette Cancer Center, Toronto, Ontario
Locations & Contact
Locations & ContactMake an appointment: (210) 450-1000Make an appointment: (210) 450-1000
Dr. Elmi is excellent, very professional and overall explains everything in detail.
- Research & Publications
- Clinical Trials