About Elizabeth Bowhay–Carnes, M.D.
Dr. Elizabeth Bowhay-Carnes is a Texas native and passionate about serving the people of her home community. She earned her bachelors of science degree in biochemistry from the University of Texas at Austin, followed by work with the MD Anderson Cancer Center Umbilical Cord Blood Bank in Houston. She received her medical doctorate from UT Health San Antonio and completed her residency in internal medicine and fellowship in hematology and medical oncology at the UT Health Science Center. She joined UT Health San Antonio MD Anderson Cancer Center in 2016 as Director of the Adult Non-Malignant Hematology Program and Co-Director of the Adolescent/Young Adult Oncology Program. Her clinical interests include cancers of the blood, non-malignant disorders of the blood, and cancer of the soft tissue or bone.
- American Board of Internal Medicine/Hematology
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Residency: University of Texas Health Science Center
- Fellowship: University of Texas Health Science Center
Locations & Contact
Locations & ContactMake an appointment: (210) 450-1000Make an appointment: (210) 450-1000
She was extremely kind, very professional and compassionate.
- Research & Publications
- Clinical Trials